The Three types of Parents is a way to find out what kind of parent your parents are. There are consultant, helicopter, and drill sergeant types of parents. The chart is about what each parent is like.
A consultant parent is a very kind parent. The parent keeps the child feeling strong. Consultant parents can help their children with a problem without giving them the solution. This parent let's the child be the teacher of them self. The parent can guide their child through life in a good way. This type of parent can use words without actions and still keep their child feeling happy. I would love to have a consultant parent.
A helicopter kind of parent is very protective over their child. This parent tells their child about their weaknesses. The parent acts as the teacher and makes the child's decisions. The helicopter like parent complains to their child. The parent uses more actions than words that would not make the child feel positive. I would not want this type of parent.
The last of the three types of parents is the drill sergeant type of parent. This parent is like a general in the army. The parent orders the child to do what they want them to do. Also, this parent makes the child’s decisions. This parent gives orders, uses threats, and harsh words. The drill sergeant type of parent acts as the child's teacher but uses much pain and humiliation. I would never want this type of parent. I have seen this type of parent before though. He was a soccer coach. He was screaming orders to his players. I could see and hear him yelling the whole entire game.
I used this chart to see which parent my parents were. Mom had 9 consultant votes, 1 helicopter vote, and 1 drill sergeant vote. My mom is then a consultant parent. My dad had 6 consultant votes, 1 helicopter vote, and unfortunately 4 drill sergeant votes. I must honestly say that my dad does sometimes use pain, and harsh words. So dad was a consultant parent but still a bit of a drill sergeant. I still love him since he is my dad.
I was glad that both of my parents were consultant parents.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Very interesting. What does your parents say about it? How do they see themselves?
ReplyDeleteMom likes it.Dad was sad that he was a bit of a drill sregeant type of parent.
ReplyDeleteThis is very interesting. I have consultant parents. They help me get 100 on most of my tests, but sometimes, they can be a little rough on me. They help me not to get attracted to the TV all the time. They teach me to be a good child and not to do bad things.
ReplyDeleteMichelle
I really enjoyed reading your little story. I think my parents are 100% consultant parents. They are consultant parents for many different reasons. I can't wait for your next post.
ReplyDelete-- Andrew
Lindsey said...
ReplyDeleteThis is a very nice journal entry of the Three Types of Parents. You organized it well. I especially like that you added a personal reference to the soccer coach in your paragraph about the drill sergeant type of parent. It helps the reader comprehend the writing better. Nice work!
Thanks everyone. I am sure lots of parents are consultant. It always should be that way in my case.
ReplyDelete